Staying true to my word, I have faced my fears and successfully baked a cake/loaf, something that requires egg, flour and sugar! If you've checked out my natural vegan, Nutty Butter Protein Ball recipe, I speak about calling myself a hopeless baker which is now, of course a thing in the past! Unlike cooking, baking needs a lot of extra TLC, I can't just throw ingredients together and hope for the best and shamelessly admitting, that is what I used to do in the past, hence the name "Hopeless Baker"
Anyway no point in dwelling in the past right? The future is bright and the future is YUMMY! and this buttery Cinnamon Swirl Organic Banana Loaf drizzled with organic honey was just that!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 70 mins
Serves: 12 medium slices
1 cup unsalted melted butter
1/2 cup organic Coconut or Mascavo sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
3-4 ripe mashed organic bananas
2 tbsp melted butter
4 tbsp organic Coconut or Mascavo sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Organic Banana Slices to decorate
What you'll need:
9x5-inch Baking Pan
Non-Stick Baking Paper
Large Mixing Bowl
Small Mixing Bowl
Gas: Gas Mark 4
Fan: 180°C, 350°F
1. In a measuring cup add in your melted butter.
If still hot, let it cool slightly before the next step.
2. Next you want to whisk the coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla into the butter for about a minute or two.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda and then pour in the egg mixture.
You don't need to whisk, just stir and mix with a spatula.
4. Once the egg mixture and flour is fully combined,
mash the banana's in a separate bowl and fold them into your loaf mixture.
5. In a small bowl, add all the cinnamon butter ingredients together until
thick and combined.
6. To make your loaf, you will do this in 4 sections. First butter your pan so the cake
doesn't stick. Then pour in 1/4 of your mixture.
7. Take a generous dollop of the cinnamon butter and swirl into the mixture with a knife.
8. Pour 1/3 of your mixture evenly over the first layer, and repeat the same steps
with the cinnamon butter.
9. Repeat the steps until you've added the all the banana loaf mixture into the pan.
10. Add the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top and repeat the swirling step.
11. Finally slice bananas and place on top to decorate your loaf.
12. Place mixture into the pre-heated oven on baking paper for 60 - 70 minutes. (set a timer)
13. To be sure your loaf is cooked all the way through, do a toothpick test.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake until it comes out clean.
14. Finally let your loaf cool down for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing it onto a
Did you make this recipe?